Found a preowned Luxman DU-7i!

Bronze Member
Username: Nick_belsky

North Canton, Ohio USA

Post Number: 30
I have been running a post about setting up a Stereo System in the Preamp section as well, but have come across a Luxman DU-7i that I have questions about. I have been speaking to a few hifi shops around the country and people I know who collect audiophile equipment looking for another CD player. This way I don't have to borrow the FMJ from my HT. I found a pretty good price on a Luxman DU-7i. It is a preowned unit and is being sold for $4k. I am very familiar with the old school Luxman and do love the unique sound they bring. Unfortunately, I do not have any "ears on" experience with their newer lines.

I realize this unit is the Flagship and also has DVD playback, but I would be using it primarily for CD. The switchable built in DACs are of very high interest to me as well. How do Luxman's newer products compare to the older (say pre 1995) products as far as sound quality go? Luxman always had a unique sound that I can't even describe, very much like the Totem Acoustic Forests I'd be pairing this Source up with. I think the two unique pieces of equipment would compliment each other nicely. But you guys are the experts, have any of you heard the newer products (post 2000)?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us