Center speaker to match B&W 685's

Username: Patterson860hotmailcom

Post Number: 1
Hi all,
I recently purchased a pair of B&W 685 bookshelf speakers and am looking to add a center speaker. My problem is the shelf my center speaker is on is only 11 inches deep. (this is the only possible spot to put the center speaker - if there were other options I wouldn't be asking). The smallest B&W center speaker in the 600 series is the HTM62 and it is 12.3 inches deep. My wife (and I can't say I blame her) refuses to have a center speaker that hangs over the shelf in our living room. I need to find a center speaker that will fit on the shelf and match the tonality of the B&W 685's. Any suggestions?

I've been looking at the polk tsi cs10, because of its size but am pretty much convinced the tonality will not match since polk and B&W have such different sounds. Please help. Thanks

Username: Patterson860hotmailcom

Post Number: 2
Forgot to mention I looked at the B&W CM Centre and I have two problems with it. First and foremost it is out of my price range. Secondly I'm concerned that because it is ported in the back and would be so close to the back of the shelf that it would create some problems with the sound.

Platinum Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 11190
You need to stick with B&W, sounds like you're screwed.

Have you looked through the B&W archives to see if there is a recent B&W series center that would fit your shelf. If there is, you could wait one out on Audiogon.

Silver Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 632
Oh, come on! Sticking out about 2 inches is a deal breaker on a single, center channel speaker?
How much flak did you catch for the pair of 685s?

Want my wife to talk to her? My wife puts up with me (makes her a candidate for sainthood) and has not beefed once about 24 years of Magnepan panels in the LR. PM me and we'll hook 'em up for a chat.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us