NEED HELP PLEASE

Username: Gregsp09

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 1
I am having a big problem with my reciever. It is pretty new and a fairly nice reciever too, but for some reason whenever I turn up the volume any higher than about 15% of the max volume it just shuts off. Any ideas on how to fix it or what it wrong?

Username: Gregsp09

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 2
This is also the second reciever I have had this happen to with my current speakers. Could they be too loud of speakers for the two amps?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 14056

"Could they be too loud of speakers for the two amps?"

Not a chance.

If this is a pretty new receiver, I'd be talking to the shop where you made the purchase. Off hand I'd say you were doing something wrong, it's highly unusual for two receivers to have the same problem out of the box. Call the retailer and let them sort this out by asking the appropriate questions.

Oh, you do have good clean connections at all points on the receiver and speakers, right? No stray wires touching anywhere?

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 13678
GH, would you like to identify the receiver and speakers by model?

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 13679
15% volume is like one watt.

When you identify the receiver, describe any indications when it shuts down, which(if any) led's? Messages?

Silver Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 544
Add 'Odd smells' and 'bad distortion' to Nuck's list.
Does it run long enough to get hot? Lights in the house dim?

If possible, bring your speakers to the point of receiver purchase and let them blow up some of there stuff, or show you what you are doing wrong. One 'bad' would be to hook both speakers up to one channel.....the result for most current receivers will be similar to what you describe.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us