Reduce vibrations?

Username: Fatman2778

Post Number: 1
Hello. I am wondering how i could easily and cheaply reduce the vibrations heard upstairs in my house from my subwoofers. I cant take apart my walls and i have a floating ceiling. Any way to reduce or eliminate the vibrations would be helpful.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 13530
Turn one or BOTH off?
LF is what these things kinda are made for...

Turn up the crossovers?

Post Number: 2
My subs are very basic so the only way i can control them is with my computer and amp. But my amp only has controls for subs on or off... is there any way of modifying my room to reduce the sound?

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 2138
How many subs? I am not familiar with what set up has a computer in the place of a pre-amp or processor running subs but I will assume it works in much the same manner.

Do your subs have frequency controls for the cross over points or is that software driven? With one or the other you should be able to manage the volume that is driven upstairs with one of those controls.

Another thing to consider, if the subs are not confined to a desk area, is to put a sub in your seating position and play some music. While the music is playing move around the room to where you find the sub sounds the cleanest, with the least distortion and vibration. Then put that sub in that spot. Move the next sub to your seating position and repeat. Keep repeating until you have placed all of your subs.

I suspect others will follow with additional recommendations..

Post Number: 3
Well my subs are powered through an old reciever of mine. but its so old it doesnt have and way to change frequency or anything. and my subs are old too. :-( so they dont have any controls on them. I'm just trying to find a way to reduce the vibrations my parents hear upstairs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us