Home Theater Speakers with Multimedia Sub?

Bronze Member
Username: Aarondahl

Post Number: 14
This digital convergence is great, but I sure seem to have a lot of crap to make it work! I need to simplify my home theater system and am ready move to the next level of computer integration.

I would like to know if anyone has attempted to use a powered subwoofer (i.e. multimedia system sub) with standard surround speakers (home theater type)?

I have ceiling and wall speakers currently connected to my receiver, and they look cool - I would like to keep them as is (particularly because it was a real pain craling around the attic in the first place). Now I want to connect my media center pc to this new lcd I just got. I don't want to have to have the television, receiver, computer, and bluray player all on to simply watch a movie, nor do I want to have to turn the receiver on to watch a movie on my computer. I would like to ditch the receiver portion.

I know that you cannot simply use the home theater speakers with a computer, but since the power is usually supplied to the sub in a multimedia system perhaps I can tie that into the speaker system I already have.

Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us