RCA Interconnects with Ground

Username: Brocjas

Albany, NY

Post Number: 3
Have a Music Hall 5.1 with the RCA's and bundled ground that came with it. I was wondering what others have done to "upgrade" these at a reasonable cost ? Also if you go with a better set of stand alone RCA's without the bundled ground wire, what type & size wire can be used to establish the ground connection. Thank You for your feedback on this.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 13532
Hi Brian.
Yes you can replace the cables with any flavour that you like, and the ground can be various condustors as well.
The ground is restricted by connector size only, but need not be more than 22g twisted or brained copper, really.
The cables can be shielded or non, ferrite rings can be wound with them as well.

What is your cart, original? What phono do you run it to?

Username: Brocjas

Albany, NY

Post Number: 4
Hi Nuck -
Thank You for the response, you confirmed my thought that you could run about anything, $, $$, $$$, as the RCA's, the ground was the unknown as to size and character. The 22g braided copper info answers that question.
With the Music Hall 5.1, I am still using the supplied cart, Goldring 1012GX. In looking for that "just right " sound a cart change out would probably yield more than changing the RCA's.
I just made the move to a tubed preamp, with a McIntosh C2200. While the reviews go both ways regarding this phono stage, it is a noticeable improvement over the previous, which was a Rogue Audio Stealth into a line stage of the Arcam FMJ A32. When times permits I will run the Stealth into a C2200 line stage just to see ???
Did you have any thoughts regarding "reasonable" RCA options ?

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 13533
i would just order cables from Blue Jeans cables.

Simple and easy, and a good reliable baseline.

Cheers!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us