Upgrade speakers for 5.1 jvc th m505

Username: Drausio

Post Number: 1
As i'm in Brazil, any decent home set up will be very expensive, let alone good stuff... So years ago i got the 5.1 HT system above mainly cause of the 300w 10'' sub and alleged 140w channels.... Will be moving to bigger place, cant get receiver and speakers at once.... Considering getting a pair of entry 150w models from JBL/Polk/Infinity either in-wall or bookshelf and replace the others and the receiver gradually... Is it worth it? I do appreciate music way more than movies... What other brands might i consider? dunno many of the brands available in the us but will probably buy there and have a friend bring them... Anyways, your honest opinion is welcome. Tks a lot

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1409
Drausio since it's hard for us to know what models and deals are available for you in Brazil, you may want to take a look at a thread called Speaker Bargains a few discussion here in the speaker forum and see what models are posted and whether or not you can get them from Brazil.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 13501
post links from Brazil sites?

Post Number: 2
Got someone who could bring them for me from the states if small enough package to check in

Main doubt, will it sound better? Can i work a pair of one of these mainstream brands with my sub and the remaining 3 satelites till i can get more? How does an in-wall compare to a bookshelf? The first would be easier to tranport - maybe i can get all 5. tks yall

here a pair of polk TSI 200 for US$800; TS100 US$560; psw110 sub US$700; Onkyo TX-SR607 Receiver for only US$2173

enough to make u wish u didnt like music??..hehe

If i had to get anyothese here i'd be better off flying to forida and getting'em there....hehe

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1411
Preference?

I don't happen to like in-wall because the direction can suffer if nothing else. It's hard to know for sure if your sub will match the speakers you are mentioning.

Ouch those prices are high. If you think you can get them by without paying customs, seems like it's worth a trip to Miami to get the gears and take them back with you. Mind the voltage difference though.

Post Number: 3
Tks Stof

I see what you mean about the direction.

Brasilians are only allowed to bring back US$500,00 on electronics free of duty into the country. That's part of why I can't get the whole kit at once - plus volume and price.

Anyways, i'll try to get a pair o bookshelf and hope i don't need to upgrade my sub/receiver that soon.

tks again
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us