Speaker Systems for DENON AVR 2803

Anonymous
I am about to buy Denon AVR 2803, but still searching for the matching speakers. I found that I tended to like 'accurate', 'detailed', and 'mellow' sound rather than 'forward' and 'bright' sound. My budget is around 2,000 except subwoofer. In order to get quality front to enjoy classical music, I am thinking of not buying the sub this time(i am not sure whether or not this is a right choice). Paradigm and B+W, PSB seem to be a good choice, but still need your valuable opinion. Also, thinking of buying from on-line retailers, Aperion or Axiom. In earlier search, I liked M+K K-series, but came to think that it is not good choice for music, also if i don't buy sub this time, K-series wouldn't be a good one. What do you guys think? Any suggestions would be valuable cause I am a novice in this field as of now, but hoping to be an experts like you. Much thanks in advance.

Hawk
For that receiver, given the fact you are willing to look at on-line retailers, I would strongly suggest the Ascend Acoustics CM-170 (see them at www.ascendacoustics.com). Much better than either the Axioms or Aperions, IMHO, and very reasonably priced, too. Also, it isn't just my opinion as you will see all of the awards they have been winning on their website for things like "Speaker of the Year." If you want to add a sub later, they also sell the Hsu Research subs, and you would be very hard pressed to find a better sub.

I also like B+W 602 S3s for that receiver (you can get the 602s for the front and use 600s for the rears). A very fine combo.

Anonymous
Hawk and other expert fellows,
When i posted the question above, i expect your opinion the most. In that respect, thank you so much for your valuable suggestion. A few more things though. I listened to B&W DM603 S3 and 604 S3 playing symphonic music today. And I was a little bit dissapointed even though it is not enough to that because i was only able to use the front 2 tower speakers for both models. On the other hand, Polk was impressive in the sense that it was rich in producing the sound of strings and other instrument. My understanding is that you odn't like Polk very much, to me it was good, but I think i have to listen to Polk a couple of times more. Lastly, i am thinking of putting $600 to A/V receiver. That's why i chose Denon 2803. But at this moment i don't have any preferece. Actually, Pioneer vsx-d912k was in my mind. Just to know what would be the best A/V ($600 for the receiver, $2000 for the speaker etc). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us