Need NAD T763 firmware upgrade

Username: Glennh70

Australia

Post Number: 1
Hi

I have an NAD T763 with firmware 1.24. I would like to update the firmware to the latest version. Can someone tell me where to go to get it, as NAD no longer will send it to you.

Thankyou

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2992
Have you contacted your dealer? Maybe they can install if for you?

Australia

Post Number: 2
Yes i have, and they can install it. I thought i might save some money and do it myself.
The next time i go to the city, i may take my NAD with me and get the firmware update

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 13365
How much are they charging for the procedure?

Australia

Post Number: 3
$100, i think. It could be a bit more by the time it is done

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13383
Bast@rds!

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3000
It should be a free service.

Much like Windows is perpetually broken, MS provides updates.....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13386
Dave, you crack me up!

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3005
Hopefully in a good way?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13388
If the update/download comes through windows, It is worth the c-note for somebody else to guarantee that it works, LOL!

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3009
Good point.

At least you can just reinstall Windows if/when things go awry.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13391
Yeah, just another Saturday night reloading my OS.

Username: Mysemantics

Can someone email the new firmware of NAD T763 to me?
mysemantics@gmail.com

Asked NAD support center, was forwarded to the distributor in Germany, but nobody asks my email there.

Totally don't understand why NAD removed this firmware from its website.

Thanks in advance!

Username: Mcivar

Hi
I also am looking for the 2.05 or later (if it exists) firmware for my 763. Also I cannot fint the NAD Control Software any more on the net. So if anyone has either of these, drop a line to mcivar(at)me.com

Thannk you very much !

regards
McIvar

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 1567
Similar beef with my CA player.
Windows update.....not even USB, but old-school null-modem /serial cable. Dealer wants to charge. I'm scared to find out how much$$.
Maybe CA will chip in? right.

Bronze Member
Username: Dbnh77

NH USA

Post Number: 26
Hi guys. I too have a NAD T763. I haven't checked the firmware since I bought it. What is included in the new firmware? Does it support the new surround sound formats that were developed after the unit was produced?

What is the current version?

Username: Fifthand

I need the update as well. I currently have T763 with 2.02 Is 2.05a the most recent? Does anyone have the firmware and updater to share?

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 1943
Paul,
What changes were made between revs? Are they important or do they help general functionality?

It appears to have added additional ProLogic IIx feature. This is somewhat relevant considering one could setup the T763 as 7.2 with an additional amp and subs. I have both the Theatre PC Software (in pic) and the updater firmware that took my unit to 2.12. The new firmware also allows me to save presets as files on my computer and load at will. I'm still exploring the software but, so far, it seems straight forward and relatively basic. Still nice to have though. No problems with Win7x64. I do not have a hosting account at the moment. If you want these please PM me your email and I'll send them to you. Paul.

Upload

I have hosted the files on a Google Page. The links are below. Please understand I have no idea if this software will work on your specific unit. Again, my unit came with firmware 2.02 from the factory. The updater took my unit to 2.12. Be sure to follow updater instructions EXACTLY. You risk bricking your unit if improperly installed.

I use the Theatre PC software to change settings on my T763 e.g. renaming profiles, inputs, speakers, etc. For whatever reason my remote no longer works with the receiver. So, using the remote to make changes is a non-option. Additionally, the main video output is HTPC direct to TV. Digital Audio does volume scale in Media Center. I am using Win7x64 on the HTPC. 12V trigger from HTPC to T763.

Enjoy.

Firmware
https://sites.google.com/site/fifthand/home/nad/T763Upgrade.zip?attredirects=0&d =1
Theatre PC Software
https://sites.google.com/site/fifthand/home/nad/TSeriesInstall.msi?attredirects= 0&d=1

Username: Bommai

I just bought a used T763 through craigslist. It works. I am getting an occasional popping sound while listening to music. The firmware is 2.08. The original owner said he never touched the unit regarding the firmware so I assume this is how it came from factory. I tried your software using my Win7 x64 Dell laptop. It does not have a serial port. So, I used a docking station that has a serial port and tried that. Com1 should work on it. But I don't get any connectivity. Do I use a null modem cable? That is what I used even though I needed a gender changer. Please help.

I got it to work today. Null modem cable is the wrong kind. I used a straight through cable and it worked.

Post Number: 4
I love the theater software since I can use that in lieu of the osd to ccompletely configure the unit. I dont have a permanent composite video connection to my projector so this software is invaluable. Thanks. Also anyone using this in a 7.1 setup. Do you have a 2 channel amp for this?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us