RCA to home theater speaker input

Username: Yrng4boston

Post Number: 3
Hi - I am trying to buy a home-theater system that will work with my existing cabling in my living room.
The problem is that the Rear speaker inputs (RR, RL) into the Receiver are RCA(?) inputs (attached pic). While the inputs into the speakers are regular naked wire (attached pic).
Most of the home theater receivers I have looked don't have the "audio outs" that fit the RCA(?) type input.
I was wondering if I cut out and remove the RCA plug, if I would be able to use it as regular stereo cable just like the end of the wire that is going inside the speakers ? If so, how do I determine which is (+) and (-)ve terminals ?

Are there any other suggestions to install the speakers so that I can setup a good home theater in my living room ?

Upload
Upload

Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2967
The person who installed this cable must have had a HTIB (home theatre in a box). Most usually crap.

Get some real speaker wire, tape it to the end of the cable in the wall, and pull the new cable through with the old cable.

Presto.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2968
Oh yeah, make sure the new speaker cable is rated for in-wall installations. Usually it has a thick plastic insulating jacket.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us