Harman kardon avr 347

Username: Mrmizmo

Post Number: 10
Hi I am looking for a new receiver. I was told not to worry about wattage and unfortunatly I know very little about systems. I am planning on building a home theater system over time and was wondering if a Harman kardon avr 347 would be a good receiver. It only has 55 watts per channel and it seems as though an upgrade speaker would overpower it. Like I said I have no knowledge whatsoever, so if anyone could tell me if this would work for me or perhaps a better make and model I would very much appreciate it. I am on a budget but for the right receiver I will make an exception. Thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 13291
I like HK stuff, but have not had a receiver in a loong time.

H/K used to rate amps by current, not wattage, as I recall.

If you choose speakers wisely, this power rating should do pretty well.

Sub...

Depending on your room and tastes, I would look at Klipch to serve your needs with that receiver.

And a sub from HSU or similar.

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 905
I just listen to 2 channel even for movies - you will end up with more quality this way.

Especially if you buy used - at audiogon.com or ebay.com Audiogon is more reliable source - ebay might be cheaper, but you got to make sure of the quality - might be broken.

I personally like the sound of NAD better. They make 2 channel and surroung sound receivers, and you won't have to worry about powering new speakers (most likely - unless you get power hungry speakers).

https://dmc-electronics.com/Default.htm

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2953
If I were to opt for a "big-box" store type receiver I'd probably go for the H/K. They're heavier and better built than most HT receivers of comparable price. And I like the fact too that they accurately rate the power of them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us