DIY Record Cleaning

Silver Member
Username: Soundgame

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 913
Stumbled across this and thought I would share. The fluid is interesting, though a little scary at first read.

http://www.soundstage.com/synergize/synergize041998.htm

Platinum Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 10577
Thanks for sharing George. There are a number of DIY cleaning solutions out there and I think Jan has shared a recipe on this forum as well.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13862

Weaver - and his ears - can be trusted. I do have my own DIY system and formula on the forum. Scan down the threads and you should find it without much problem.

My solution costs pennies, the materials should be easy to find and relies on both not being shy about the amount you use on the disc and keeping the solution warm. IMO most peolle are afraid to use sufficient amounts of cleaning fluid due to price or misreading the instructions. I prefer to soak the vinyl (while keeping the label dry) and allow the warm solution some time and the use of a microfiber towel to loosen the sludge. Then vacuum off the residue if you have a cleaning machine or rinse well and allow the disc to dry.

Silver Member
Username: Soundgame

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 924
Yes, Jan, I found it very interesting to read your results with cleaning fluid that has been warmed.

What I found interesting about Weaver's fluid was that it uses Windex in the solution, which I had read somewhere could cause damage to vinyl given it's components.

Your previous posts are appreciated Jan. Cheers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us