6 Ch. Direct Input & Swapping Receivers

Username: 6473ghsd

Post Number: 1
I have an older (and issue-laden) Bose Model 5 Music Center that's currently acting as a surround sound receiver, and I'm looking to swap in an RCA RT2250R receiver as its replacement. In the future, I'd like to be using more current models, but, for now, I have to make do with what I have.

Right now, the speaker wires connect to the Bose's Acousticmass, and the Acousticmass has RCA-style connectors that go into the back of the Bose Model 5 Music Center.

What I was hoping to do was preserve the speaker wire/Acousticmass setup and simply move the RCA-style connectors from the Bose Model 5 Music Center to the RCA receiver.

I have two related questions:
A. Is this possible?
B. Which inputs on the RCA receiver should I use for the RCA-style connectors from the Acousticmass? Would it be the 6.1 Direct Input? And would the Bose's System Control wire go into the subwoofer input on the RCA receiver? That seems like the only input of that style on the RCA receiver.

I'd really appreciate any help/advice, as I'm obviously out of my league here.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13853

"Which inputs on the RCA receiver should I use for the RCA-style connectors from the Acousticmass? Would it be the 6.1 Direct Input? And would the Bose's System Control wire go into the subwoofer input on the RCA receiver? That seems like the only input of that style on the RCA receiver."

You cannot turn inputs into outputs. "System Control" is specific to Bose and does not directly translate to another manufacturer's product. Try contacting Bose for proper connections.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us