Denon AVR-2307ci no Audio

Username: Packer

Mission Viejo, Ca United States

Post Number: 1
Everything was working ok yesterday, now today no audio from any input, ipod, DVD, TV. Zone two preamp out put works. Its like the power amps do not work. Any help would be great.

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 891
Are you sure you didn't accidentally press the speaker button ? (A or B). Try pressing all the buttons ...

Username: Packer

Mission Viejo, Ca United States

Post Number: 2
Ya, tried the speakers, and Zones. I know it has to be something simple like that. I'll re-look at that. Don't know if I'll need to go through the first time setup procedure? When I first set this thing up, I remember having to assign the power amps.

I really don't know this system all that well

It's like the power amps have been turns off. We had a power surge at our place the other day. Hope it didn't take something out.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 478
You DO have a surge protector, don't you?

I see you are here on the left coast. Since we don't have frequent lightning strikes, but DO have some problems in the summer (our electric bills are not high enough) you probably don't need to get used to unplugging in bad weather. Some posters here simply unplug during lightning storms.
Is the receiver emitting a strange odor? You know, the one that means the electrons got out.

Spend a few minutes with the manual. Try a reset and start over?

Silver Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 479
ONE other thing. I was leaving on vacation some years ago. There was a huge brownout/surge and my amp died. It was plugged straight into the wall.
When I got back, I tried a couple fuses than took it in for repair.
I called SDGE and with little argument, they paid the fix-it bill.
You may try that with whoever sells you your power.
You will need to know EXACTLY when the surge hit, since they have records.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us