Speaker/Sub/Surrounds placements

Jeff Plous
I have a pioneer vsx-45tx and I have monitor audio s8 fronts speakers. I also have a sub rear speakers and a center channel (but theyre temps as Im savings to complete my monitor audio setup). My question is... How should everything be for optimum performance? Should the sub be in front? Should it be between the tv and the front speaker or should it be to the outside of a front speaker? Should the front speakers be angled slightly towards my listening position? Should the rears be angled? Center is directly above the tv....
Thanks

Max
Hello,
Ok heres my take on it..Ok start by setting your mains for the sweet spot..Try imagining a line coming out of each speaker and make it so the lines connect where your sitting. Does that make sense to you? Just think of a V and you want to be at the POINT of the V, After that set your surrounds the same way. And the sub, well thats up to you because it will sound different in any spot you put it, so just put it where you hear the smoothest, deepest bass. Oh yeah for the space in between each speaker, it should be about 4 to 8 feet apart depending on how far away you will be sitting.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us