Question about an old klipsch speaker

Username: Mrmizmo

Post Number: 7
Hi guys I was cleaning out some stuff at my moms house and found an old Klipsch speaker, I believe it was klipsch bella K-55-M. I have never seen this or found anything online about it so if anyone could tell me if its worth keeping or perhaps what it might be worth...I have yet to test it cause its gonna be a pain to drag out of attic, but assuming it works well. It's old but you never know. Thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13819

I assume you found an entire speaker system and not just a single driver.

The Belle Klipsch (named for PWK's wife) was meant as a center channel speaker for a three channel array in the early days of stereo. It would have been flanked by pair of Klipschorns in each front corner and driven by a center channel tap on many of the components of that era.

By itself a single speaker isn't worth much. There's possibly a collector who would find this interesting if the cabinet is in good shape.

Username: Mrmizmo

Post Number: 8
sorry I thought it was just a single speaker but it is actually what looks like a center speaker and a cabinet underneath

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13822

The "single speaker" is the high frequency horn or horns depending on the age of the unit.

The "cabinet underneath" is the low frequency section which is a folded horn. There is a 15" driver inside that cabinet and the cabinet forms the horn loading.

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Canada

Post Number: 2221
If you have a single Klipsch Belle for sale, write down the serial number on the back label (which will tell the year of manufacture and the finish), take a picture, and post in the Garage Sale section of the Klipsch forum. You should find a buyer. There is renewed interest in these because some people (including me) are using the Heritage line of Klipsch speaker for home theater. The Belle makes an excellent HT center speaker between Klipschorns.

(Strange that I didn't notice this thread before now)

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 13193
If there was also a set of cornerhorns sotored there, you must have seen them, LOL!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13194
Or hiding behind the LaScala's?

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Canada

Post Number: 2222
A single Belle a probably worth $800 or so, if it's in good shape.
Worth getting out of the attic?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13196
It doesn't play or pay whilst in the attic, right?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us