Improvement

Username: Atlrus

Post Number: 1
Hi guys,

I have a question, which I think woud be best answered here. I have HTiB Panasonic SC-PT960, which is really getting on my nerves, so I've decided to upgrade to this receiver (Yamaha V465), but keep the speakers that came with the HTiB.

My question is - would use it mostly for PS3 Blu-Ray, would I see a noticable improvement in sound? And I mean noticable in a noob way, both in clarity and volume?

Thanks in advance!

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13743

In a "newb way" the speakers typically determine the sound you pay attention to - more bass, more treble, more this and less that - pretty obvious stuff. Better electronics provide better sound but not in the way speakers simply change the sound.

The problem you face is your HTIB will not drive higher quality speakers without sounding like a cheap component playing speakers not suited to its failings. If you think the HTIB sounds bad now, wait until you hear it with speakers that can actually show you what signal is coming in to them. The better speakers will probably sound much, much worse than they would with the Yamaha. So you should probably buy the Yamaha first with the intent to upgrade the speakers ASAP.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2838
You'll notice a difference I think. Problem is, you'll probably notice how crappy the HTIB speakers really are.

I agree with Jan, got with the Yamaha now, with the intent to upgrade to some reasonable speakers soon.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us