I cancelled the order for the nht classic 4's see why

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11737
Guys this order was posted to my credit card appox. the 20 th of may and I placed the order a good number of days before this. The thing that really irritates me is I received nothing from audio advisor or nht and no tracking number; something ive received on minor dollar amounts with purchases of less products elsewhere but none for a almost $1500 order. If it wasnt for me calling my credit card company I wouldnt have known how long it took audio advisor to move on the order something to think about should you deal with these companies.

Platinum Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 10123
Still waiting for the why?

If you can't afford 'em or just changed your mind then might as well say so, otherwise I don't get it.

Music Direct sometimes takes weeks or months without any notice...you have to call and ask what the status of your order is.

On the other hand you must be satisfied with your present speakers or have lost the need to "bump some music" as someone else put it.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3681
Art,

I think he's kind of fed up waiting. 6th July from 20th May with the order being placed before that...

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 10124
The order was placed considerably after that Frank, in fact about a month later on 6/19/09. I think Sean will correct that.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11738
If that is indeed correct Art and I believe you then I stand corrected. The problem I had with this is if im having a problem being notified of ANYTHING with nht especially how am I going to be treated should I need their support.

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 10125
Did you order through Audio Advisor or NHT. NHT is an internet direct company now...that's where I would have ordered from.

http://nhthifi.com/current/index1.html

Silver Member
Username: Kbear

Canada

Post Number: 153
NHT recommends buying direct from them or through one of their authorized retailes. Audio Advisor being one of them.

Did you contact AA or NHT to get some information about the order's status? Give them the chance to explain themselves and fix the problem if there is one. A lot of the time it's going to simply be an honest mistake and for your trouble they might even kick in some sort of freebie.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 3360
Regardless of what's going on, they shouldn't charge the card until the unit ships. Unless of course they confirmed with you otherwise.

I'd be pretty upset if I was charged for something that's not on its way, but that's just me.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11739
To fill in some blanks. I did call audio advisor who then checked with nht. Their explanation was that nht tried to deliver them and tried to contact me but apparently had the wrong phone number (something I didnt give incorrectly). I also want to add I never received one email except that I bought the speakers. In the end though I am getting the speakers and have to arrange a pickup time and date with nht.

Art...." Still waiting for the why?

If you can't afford 'em or just changed your mind then might as well say so, otherwise I don't get it."

Handling this like a gentlemen. I want to let you know that I was not pleased with that statement and feel it was out of line. Please dont talk to me like that again.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11740
The speakers are being delivered tomorrow.

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 10131
Your original was so far off that I felt that I was handling it the best I could.

You made it sound as though the retailer took forever to deliver on an order. You were off by more than a month on your order date and you gave them innacurate information as well as giving us inaccurate information. Difficult given the fact that I knew you had ordered no earlier than 6/19/09 why you would post here "Guys this order was posted to my credit card appox. the 20 th of may and I placed the order a good number of days before this". Perhaps you can see why that would cause confusion.

My statements were not meant as derogatory, just asking straight up questions based on the information I have.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2757
"The speakers are being delivered tomorrow"

Good stuff. It's always hard to be patient for something that's getting delivered... especially audio stuff.

Hope you like them Sean.

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 10136
Should have plenty of bass I'd guess. Never heard 'em be shy in that department.

Silver Member
Username: Unbridled_id

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 490
Sean, what amp are you going to be using with the 4's?

I wonder about NHT new business model, sort of a hybrid online/dealer combo.. Though it has led to an across the board reduction in prices..

Sean, let us know what you think of the 4's. I very much enjoy my 3's and am happy that NHT didn't go belly up.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2760
I see on their website you can buy their A1 monoblock for 499.00 direct, with an MSRP of 500.00. If you buy direct, you save a buck. That's awesome man.

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 10139
Righteous dude!

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11742
"Sean, what amp are you going to be using with the 4's?"

The nad 372.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »