Help connecting receiver to sub

Username: Jzh11

Post Number: 1
The first thing I did for my home audio was run speaker wire through the attic. Come to find out my receiver does not have a speaker wire out for the sub. Is there a way to connect RCA's to speaker wire. Another possible problem is the receiver only has 1 out for the sub, I'm assuming this must be the left side? But the sub has input's for R and L. Will this be a problem?
Thanks for any help

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 12872
JH, your sub may accept high(speaker level) input, in which case you are fine.
A 'Y' splitter is usually employed to take your LFE output from a single end at the receiver to the stereo input on the sub.

Hope this helps.

Post Number: 2
Nuck,
I understand what your saying, and that may be my only choice. What I want to avoid is getting back into my attic (in florida). I already have all the speaker wire run and would like to utilize this if possible.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12877
If your sub has speaker level inputs, then you just connect them to your regular speaker terminals, 2 wires per connection.

Coward, put in a bathroom vent while you are up there.

Post Number: 3
Haha, the less time I spend in that attic, the better.

So your saying I dont have to use the designated sub output on the receiver. Just the regular speaker outputs will work?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12878
If your sub accepts speaker level inputs, yes.

What is the sub?

Or is this where the details come in?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12879
I am gonna be in FLA week after next, and while that helps neither your sub-connection, nor your present ventilation of the facilities, I can imagine that the attic is not a great space for a campout.

Post Number: 4
It definitly is not. The sub is a Polk Audio. Model # RM6750. It came in a Polk Audio 5.1 speaker set up. The receiver is a Yamaha RX-V565
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us