Onkyo TX-SR506 Shuts down

Username: Cj2004

Post Number: 1
This receiver is less than 2 years old and has rarely been used. After taking my entertainment system down and changed out some devices the receiver now powers off shortly after turned on.

I've taken the following steps:

1)unhooked everything from the receiver
2)reset the receiver back to factory specs
3)taken steps (found in the troubleshooting section of the manual) to deal with amp protectin circuite if it was activated.
4)used different electrical outlets for receiver and preipherals

As soon as I push play on the cd player the receiver cuts off. If I unplug the cd player and try to attache speakers, the sytem cuts off

Nothing has worked so far. Any suggestions?.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 12874
CJ, that seems to be seperate problemms, one with input, and another with ouput.
You need to find some speaker connection that will let the thing play, which should not be difficult.
I suggest you double check the polarity and integrity of your speaker wiring to start.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 12875
Check that the tape input is not selectd, do not use phono input for anything but a table, and run the receiver is stereo to start, try just one speaker, if need be.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3679
If nothing is attached to the receiver, does it come on, and if so, does it stay on for more than 5 minutes (give it time to warm up)? If not, there's something wrong with the unit.

If it stays on, then switch it off and attach just one channel of your CD player. Switch on, set the 506 to another input which is not the CD player and hit play on the CD player. Does the 506 stay on? If so, switch over to the CD player. Does it switch off? If so, it's likely the output circuit which is at fault.

Either way, it's most likely going to have to be repaired by Onkyo...

Username: Julian437

Post Number: 1
ok
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us