Yamaha Rx-V640 x Pioneer VSX-D812k?

Alan
Which one is better for movies, in a small room with JBL speakers?

elitefan
If you are interested in Pioneer I would look at the Elitevsx41 in this price range.It has a better power supply than the 812 or 912 and my local dealer has sold them for around $450. I think this would be a better option than the Yamaha.

Alan
The problem is I live in Brazil, and Pioneer Elite is expensive and hard to find here... between those two, which one would be the best?

Anonymous
It depends on the model JBL speakers. But if they are the lower JBL line than I would pick the Pioneer. JMHO. Will you have a return policy so if it don't sound good you can return it? You should, cause small spaces can be tricky in getting the right sound.

G-Man
Actually, the Pioneer 912 is one of the great inexpensive a/v receivers. Excellent feature set and good power at $400 or less (I have seen it at $300). Except for not having OSD (on screen display) it has about everything else. At this price it is hard to even consider another receiver. It even has the excellent MCAAC automatic system for balancing your speakers.

Maybe if I was only listening to music I might opt for the NAD T742. But most people watch a lot of DVD's, so if you watch a significant amount of movies, the Pioneer 912 outclasses the NAD and it certainly plays music very well anyway. The only nit to pick might be the OSD absence--but at this price you can't have everything. And it basically has everything.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us