Wire Specifications

Username: Tcirino

Post Number: 1
I am pretty sure I got scammed with the Olin Ross 703 series but I was wondering what cords to use just to check anyways. Thanks alot...

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY United States

Post Number: 2707
Not the last word, but a good place to start:

http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY United States

Post Number: 2708
I just looked into those Olin Ross speakers http://www.olinross.com/ , and I'm sorry to say that do indeed look to be what is know on these boards as "White Van" speakers. These are mass-produced speakers marketed under various names, that often look a lot better than they are built, and worse, sound.

These sort of speakers were sometimes sold out of a "White Van" by less than trustworthy characters, many of who have now moved their operations to the internet.

Platinum Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 10042
Yep...white van, sorry.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 12711
Sorry bud.
I hope you didnt get the ugly ones...oh wait...

Post Number: 2
ha You see...I know I got scammed that's not why I opened this thread...I want to know if they will work and what cords I can use so I dont look like an a s s. hah

Platinum Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 10046
That's what we are trying to tell you politely...it's too late on the a s s part. Don't spend much on cable...you'll know when you hook them up if they work.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2707
MSRP: $ 3,100.00 ... I hope you didn't pay near that much Tim.

Don't spend a lot of cables. In fact, go to Home Depot and buy some 16 awg cable.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12716
If you must get something other than 16-18g rip cord, just look up Bluejeans cables.

Post Number: 3
haha nah I payed like 150. at least they look nice I guess. Thank you for the information regarding the type of wiring I should use though thats what I was looking for because I don't think anyone would buy them on Ebay or anything.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12725
for 150, they might sound ok.
I have heard worse.
Tim, you might not be so bad off as it seems here, wire them up and have a go.

Post Number: 4
I am so glad I found this forum you guys helped out alot. I figured that they wouldnt be tooooo bad considering the situation and they look really nice so we'll see
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us