200$ jbl speakers good or bad

Stephen Davidson
My friend is looking at a set of jbl tower speaker for about 200$ are these good or bad if there bad whats an alternative

Berny
model number, type, etc. That question is too general, be more specific...there are plenty of good and bad speakers out there and sometimes they are from the same company. It also depends on what you may think are good. i could say they are bad speakers but someone could say they are good...it's all relative. Some people like Bose, others despise them. It's all about what you think is good...listen to them first, compare them to others of the same price range and features then decide. As for My self, I like the Klipsch RF-25, the Axiom M50 and the Athena AFS-2....so I bought all three and i have about 30 days to decide which ones to keep...insanity, I tell you!
Anyway...I've had the JBL S412PII, excellent set but way too big, the S312II, also excellent, but looks too seventies and still too wide for my tastes, plus after hearing the 412's there's no going back to these so I didn't even bother. I also have the JBL SCS150, a little muffled for my taste, but some of my friends rather liked it, but then again, they're into the mini home theater to begin with. They also like going to my home just so they can audition equipment they buy. The subwoofer performed great though.
cheers
--------------------------
let me find audio goodness before I go deaf

JOHNNY THE GUN
I'll bet you they are the clearance models found @ BEST BUY and other crappy retailers. ....

To answer your question NNONONONOONONO!!!! Jbls suck unless you have a tone deaf friend and he does not mind the MUFFLEd sound as someone said before. The jbls have a lower sensitivity rating thus, LESS power @ the same volume levels compared to other speakers. The new JBL line is an improvement but lacks. TELL your friend to get ATHENAS!!!!!!! they are @ BEST BUY

Your shooting blanks, and tell your friend to clean all the wax build up out of his ears, the JBL Studio Series speakers sound way better than those anemic Athenas, the S38II AND S26II give a tight and uncolored performance. The Athenas are way too bright and shrill sounding, comparable to a tin can, and yes they are sold by Best Buy and other Crappy retailers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us