Integrated to run 2 sets of speaker simultaneously

Rolfie boy
I have two sets of speakers, namely the Quad 11L (6ohm, 86db sensitivity, 150W power handling) and Klipsch outdoor SA-2 (8ohm, 93db, 85W). I'm looking for an integrated amp which could run both sets simultaneously. Any recommendations? I listen to pop, rock & reggae. I have my eyes set on NAD C370 due to its high power (120W) which should suit the Quad well, though still unsure whether it would run both sets at the same time. I notice this model has been around since 2001, will it due for replacement anytime soon?
Thanks for your response.

Anonymous
Do a search for amps with 'multi room' or 'multi-zone' capability; implies that the amp is designed run 2 (or more) sets of speakers which may be turned 'on' or 'off' in any combination.

The NAD, rated down to 2 ohms, should have no trouble driving your speakers. The only hitch is if you switch off the Klipsch's while music is playing, the volume out of your Quad's will jump up.

G-Man
I run 4 sets of speakers off a receiver using a Niles speaker switcher. They and other brands make from two to 6 or 8 pair switchers that you wire tou your amp/receiver. You can run from one to a few pairs simultaneously by pressing the front buttons on the Niles unit after you wire the amp/receiver speaker ouputs in --the Niles instructions show you how easy it is.

Now if you want to run these in separate rooms you need to run speaker wires from your amp or receiver throughout the rooms. If you want separate volume controls in each room you need an electrician or someonone with know-how to wire a "dial" volume control in each room you put speakers. Otherwise your volume will be determined by the receiver or integrated amps volume control, so they will both play the same volume.

In a multi-room system one often wants separate controls.

The Klipsch are very easy to drive and play loud with very few watts.

Wiring rooms gives much better fidelity than those wireless relaty systems, which often cut-out and just plainly sound worse. Like the difference between wired phone and wireless, except twenty times worse.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us