Onkyo 507 & Samsung Issue

Username: Ian_mc

Post Number: 1
I have the following set up in two differnent rooms

50" Samsung plasma series 4 Samsung Plasma Series 4 (2008) - ProductWiki unbiased product reviews
Samsung DVD 1080p Amazon.com: Samsung DVD-1080P7 Up-Converting 1080p DVD Player: Electronics
Onkyo 507 Onkyo Europe - TX-SR607

i have it set up as follows..

DVD to onkyo via hdmi cable into HDMI 1 on onkyo (DVD/BD)
HDMI out of onkyo to plasma
All speaker cables out to souround speakers

The plasma is not picking up the dvd right away, ie you sud be able to have the TV turned on, select the source (hdmi 1 in this case), turn on the onkyo, turn on the DVD player, and the dvd sud show up on the tv right? ( i wait a good few minutes to let it all sync up etc)..

However this is not the case, in order to get the dvd up on the screen i have to do it two ways

1 - turn on onkyo, turn on dvd, wait a few minutes then turn on tv and it picks it up.

2 - turn everything on, and ill be on the tv source for the dvd (hdmi 1 ) but with no picture of the dvd, but if i change source and then change the source back to hdmi 1 the tv picks up the dvd ....

i have this set up in 2 loactions in the house (same equipment and connections) and have the same issue in both locations ...

not even sur if this is an onkyo issue, but when i connect the dvd direct to the tv i dont have this issue......

any help appreciated....

thanks ...

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1955
I have an Onkyo 605, a Marantz DV8400 SACD/DVD player, Motorola cable box, and a Visio Plasma, and I have run into the same thing. I used to think it was if I had been watching a non-HD channel then switched to HD that would cause it but it doesn't. I hardly use the set up but if I remember right, I load the DVD player, turn on the Onkyo, then turn on the TV, wait about 3-4 seconds and I have a picture.

Sorry if that does not help, but what I am suggesting is that you mess with the sequencing of what you turn on when.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us