Ohhh mann!!

Username: Drew487

Post Number: 1
Hey guys i've been reading around this forum for a while and it has alot of information, but I have a really important question regarding my fathers home stereo.

I had a few people over last night and I had my mp3 player hooked up to my dads setup via rca straight into the back of the amp... All was good and the music was at a moderate level, not too loud but loud enough to feel some bass from the next room, im not sure exactly what happend but i was upstairs getting something where i could slightly hear the music and when i got down i saw a few buds of mine trying to tinker with a stereo that was no longer playing music. Upon observation I noticed that the mp3 player was turned up at almost max volume and the stereo was on the tuner setting. The stereo only makes sound when the volume on the amp is high, music comes out of both the speaker and the tweeter, and it sounds clear, but there just isnt any volume there or bass. Upon visual inspection of the speaker nothing looks blown or anything.

Im wondering if the speakers are blown or what, the stereo was never at a really loud volume so im not sure how they could have both broke. What do you guys think happened? Is this a problem with the amp, or thhe speakers? and is this fixable? Im into alot of instrument gear, but im not very familiar with home systems or how things work. So any help is greatly appreciated.

The speakers are II believe 150 watt yorkkville's with tweeters and a 15 in speaker each. The amp is an older stereo amp with built in tuner and that. I believe it might be 300 watts but i could be mistaken, my dad always said they were matched fine.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 12387
The tape monitor is turned on.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 12388
Change the input to turn off the tape.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help