Sony strdb790 or sony strde697 ????

Username: Indie

Post Number: 1
hi people, i need some advice . i am going to purchase one of these receivers within the next day or so but do not know which one to get. the 790 is a 6.1 receiver and the de697 says its a 7 channel receiver. which one would you people recommend as i mean the 7 channel looks more advanced but i may be wrong. i want one that will last the longest in terms of surround formats. thanks

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 307
It's no competition here. The DB790 will easily blow away the DE697 in terms of sound quality, power and most features. It's a great receiver for a very low price.

Post Number: 2
but doesnt the de697 support 7.1? or ami i mistaken

Silver Member

Post Number: 308
Yes, probably, but that is so very uninteresting in receivers of this class. The DE-series has very low quality everything so I suggest you avoid them at all cost.

One very noticeable difference between these is their 'feel', the DB is metallic, has strong binding post for speakerwires and weigths 14,5kg (32lb), while the DE series have usually a very plastic feel, spring clips for speakers and they weight around 7-9kg (15-20lb). Also the DB790 has fine amps wich are not scared of higher current to 4ohm speakers, while the DE-series are even having problems driving more than two 8ohm speakers.

Post Number: 3
thank you for your reply. all my speakers are 8ohms anyway. i will get the strdb790!

Post Number: 4
just before i buy the strdb790 what do u think of the yamaha rxv 450? is that better than the sony

Silver Member

Post Number: 317
Nope. The 790 easily beats even the Yamaha 750 in sound quality and power and it's also more pleasant to use. I just got a new review with receivers of this class, and the Sony won the review and was the only one wich was almost equal with the reference device HK670 stereo amp.

Post Number: 5
i take it the rxv 750 is the 450 in the states?

Silver Member

Post Number: 318
No no, the Yamaha line-up is the same 350, 450, 550, 650, 750, 1400, 2400 everywhere. So the Sony beats the 750 and of course the weaker models.

Post Number: 6
wow the sony must be 1 hell of an amp then for the price and features. i ordered mine just now for £221

Post Number: 8
wow the sony must be 1 hell of an amp then for the price and features. i ordered mine just now for £221
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us