YAMAHA RX-V665 HDMI Upconvert?

Username: Calhoun_jake

Post Number: 2
I just received my new rx-v665 and was hooking it up today but was having a few issues I was hoping you could help me with.

What I'm trying to do is pass all of my composite/component video/audio through the single HDMI output. Right now I have a component in AV1 and composites in AV5 and AV6. I also have my HDMI 1080p 1.3 cable from HDMI monitor out to the TV HDMI 1 input.

I have a 720p TV (Toshiba 50hp66) so I need to convert the composite/component video to 720p.

I've read through the manual (page 54) and tried to change the resolution Function>HDMI>resolution to 720p, but all it will let me select is the " *through ". I think this might be my issue? If so, do you happen to know how it will allow me to select the other options (720p)?

Another thing I thought of is the cable - I purchased a 1080p 1.3 cable - I'm kind of doubting this is my issue, but wanted to make sure.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 651
I have a 720p TV (Toshiba 50hp66) so I need to convert the composite/component video to 720p.
Jake your TV will convert all incoming signals to its native resolution. So it may not be necessary for the Yamaha to do it. I read page 54 of the manual and it is not clear but it seems you can select a resolution but it also says that the receiver will detect the sets native resolution that the monitor will support. An asterisk will be placed next to the detected resolution.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us