On the verge of buying Pioneer Elite VSX-43tx! Help!

vaughan
Ok I just sold my Sony strede-545 along with Sonytowers and Celestion Fcentre.

I want to upgrade to quality equipment and found a great(?) deal on an Elite 43tx($480). The 45tx is ($620). This is going to be a noticable difference from my Sony right?

I could also pick up the Monster HTS2600(line conditioner) for $300. Is this a good deal? I've heard many things about how important line conditioners are. Is this true? My only concern about the HTS2600 is I've heard that it mellows that sound out somewhat. That is a concern cuz the ELITE 43tx is already laid back.

My next question is speakers. Want to spend about $600 on towers; $300 on Center. Any suggestions. I was looking at the B+W CM4 and CMC. What prices are these. I love paradigm but they are laid back speakers I've heard. What about Monitor Audio? I just want to get good stuff this time around.

Thanks for all the help guys, greatly appreciated.

elitefan
The prices you mentioned on the Elites are an absolute steal. I have the 45 and it's great. I also have Monitor Silver speakers and I don't think you can do any better than that combination. If you have a turntable I would say get the 45. It also has a much nicer remote.

vaughan
Which Silver speakers, S8, S6, S10? Center is the S-LCR yes? What else do you have? How much did you pay for your set?

elitefan
I have a small room [14x14] with wood floors so I like bookshelfs and went with the S2 for mains, the silvercenter and the S1 for surrounds and my old Def Tech pf12 sub. Great system for the money. List for all the Monitors was $1950 and I bought retail for $1750. If you have a larger room I would recommend the silver6[$999pr] or the silver8[$1499pr]. The Monitors take some breaking in so if you buy them be prepared for 40 to 50 hours of break in time. Elite with Monitors is pure heaven!

vaughan
thanks a bunch, anyone else with speaker recommendations?

Jeff Plous
I just bought a 45tx and I bought s8s for my fronts.. And let me tell you it sounds amazing. I cant wait to get enough money to get the center channel - as it is really needed. But the sound is great I watched When we were soldiers the other night and all the helicopters sounds were so real - the gun shots made me think it was coming right by me. The speakers are awesome. The 45tx is awesome as well.
Jeff

Anonymous
I'm getting ready to upgrade to the vsx-43tx myself. It can't be beat for the price. If you want to get a great deal on speakers I just upgraded to 4 JBL S-38II's and the JBL S-Center. I spent over a month sound testing and comparing Bookshelf speakers from alot of different companys(Klipsch, Monitor, Polk, Paradigm, and B+W)and the JBL's were the only Bookshelf Speakers that did not turn to mush at high volume levels. If you don't believe me just read the rave reviews at audioreview.com. These speakers Retailed for $599.00 when they first came out but you can get them on eBay for about $245.00 a pair. A good friend of mine has an M+K system that he spent big $$$'s on and he can't believe how close these JBL's sound to his high dollar M+K's. Hope this helps :)

Lasher

Anonymous
I am wandering about which product to choose. Pioneer VSX-43TX and Yamaha RX-V1400, both are THX built in. Each product it has the own excellent design and features plus great construction. VSX-43TX is good looking receiver but quality sound is my most importance concern. Any one out there who had been studies and has experienced about these products. Would you send the recommendations?
Thanks for your feed back.
Thumb Tom

Simon
Thumb Tom...just got my 43TX and after setting it up and configuring it, this is an excellent receiver - in sound, function and quality. I am very happy with it.

G-Man
"I want to upgrade to quality equipment and found a great(?) deal on an Elite 43tx($480). The 45tx is ($620). This is going to be a noticable difference from my Sony right? "

Just having the MCCAC on the Pioneers will be a great addition. And those prices for new product are excellent--particularly the 45tx at $620.

"I could also pick up the Monster HTS2600(line conditioner) for $300. Is this a good deal? I've heard many things about how important line conditioners are. Is this true? My only concern about the HTS2600 is I've heard that it mellows that sound out somewhat. That is a concern cuz the ELITE 43tx is already laid back. "

Line conditioners are a waste of money and it is BS that they are important or they mellow sound. All they do is make money for the retailer--just like expensive speaker wire and expensive cables and interconnects. Get a good surge protector. All receivers have transformers to change the AC current to DC. Even if line conditioning could theoretically work, it would do no good before the receiver transforms the electricity anyway. You'd have to rip off the receiver cover and install the line conditioner after the transformer. That would be silly, it wouldn't fit inside the receiver, and would void the warranty if it could.

Surge protectors make sense just in case of a thunderstorm or a bad line surge. And good surge protectors are inexpensive. Get an ATI, Panamax, Monster Cable, or other good quality surge protector.

Paradigm and Monitor Audio both make excellent speakers. You might try the Axiom speaker online site. They have some wonderful products and give you 30 day trial periods. They are pretty lively too, if you find the Paradigm's too laid back.

avdude
What is the difference between the 43TX and the 45TX?
I may consider getting a 43TX, since it has all the features I want such as 7.1 (I wanted at least 6.1, so this is a bonus), won't be outdated next month,looks great, and seems to be very well liked, based on posts here, and user reviews.

For $484 it seems like a great deal.
I am not an audiophile, so I don't need the sound of separates, but by the same token I have good ears, and do want music that is natural sounding, and easy on the ears.

elitefan
The 45 has a phono input and a much better remote. I have had both and kept the 45 for the above reasons but sonically I couldn't tell any diference. For a complete run down on features go the the Pioneer website and get into the Elite receiver section and go to older models and you can look at or print out the feature sheet on each one. The prices you mentioned are fabulous and so are the receivers.

avdude
Thanks elitefan!

I might just have to order a 43TX then, or see if 6Ave will match them (doubtful)...

I checked out the feature set, and it had EVERYTHING I could need or want; my only consideration was the sound quality...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us