New ECM Vinyl; its future depends on our support

Username: Gbb

Post Number: 5
Over at the ECM forum, http://speakeasy.jazzcorner.com/speakeasy/forumdisplay.php?f=71 , Steve Lake has stated outright that future releases of new ECM vynil depend primarily on the sales of their current offerings, the Jarrett's trio "Yesterdays", Rava's "New York Stories", etc. I'm about to order some from them, and was wondering if folks here have bought any new ecm vinyl recently. I figure if we don't, nobody will!?! I have no affiliation w ECM whatsoever, just figured I'd pass along the message. In this day an age, if a company like ECM is actually printing new material on vinyl, the least we can do is support their efforts. There's also something of a back catalog in vinyl for older albums. Hope it's OK to post this here.

GB

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 9466
I buy used vinyl only. Love ECM but not enough to pay new prices for vinyl.

Username: Gbb

Post Number: 6
I also have only ever bought used vinyl (at least since I was a kid), but only because there's not much new stuff available that I want. Now there is, so I'm definitely getting some. If you have any hopes for the future of our medium, sending ecm a positive message is a good way to go.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3647
On ECM I can certainly recommend Pat Metheny's work. They used to be good pressings but I haven't heard their later stuff.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 9468
I have Pat Metheny records...paid a buck apiece at the thrift.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 9469
BTW I have sent ECM a number of positive messages...by attending their birthday party a couple of years ago in Portland Or and attending several concerts at that party for their artists, Trygve Seim, Charles Lloyd, and Tomasz Stanko to name just a few. Met Tomasz twice now...

I also have a many ECM cd's and am always buying new ones...excellent quality!

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3650
Talking of parties, Naim are having a 'do' in August. Tour of the factory, BBQ, band playing. Wife and I are going...hehehehe...

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 9520
Sounds fun Frank...post pics...lol!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us