Help--Cannot play cds at all--Says "no disc" message

carriek
Unregistered guest
when there's a disc in there and I press play! Can anyone tell me how to fix this, if it is fixable? I don't want to junk this player (Sony CFD-567) since it's a good one with all kinds of functions, and if I have it professionally repaired it'll likely be of a substantial amount that I'd be better off investing the money in a new one. Thanks for any HELP.

Matt 734
Unregistered guest
try differnt disc's and if non of them work there isnt really a way to fix it unless u pressed something wrong on the player

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
More than likely the laser is shot. Servo drive to the laser slide could be out but not as likely as the laser itself. If the unit has been moved lately there is a slim possibilty that the slide itself could have been damaged. Those are the three most likely culprits. My bet would be on the laser itself. Happens all the time. I have no idea what a laser for this costs to install now days but it is quite often well worth the money to junk the player and buy new with the latest in "improvements".

Anonymous

I have a Sony CFD-S200 that's about 10 months old. It has suddenly started flashing a 'no disc' message when trying to play cd's. I'm sure the laser is shot. Is there a service number for Sony to call and see about a replacement? Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us