Please help - Speakers for Kenwood VR 6050

Anonymous
I'm thinking about Axiom M2i's or Ascend Acoustic CBM 170's with HSU VTF-2 sub for music -will fill in surround sound system later. Haven't heard anything about Kenwood receivers here - I hope this isn't bad news!

Berny
Both are excellent choices, however, you may want to audition them before making a decision. After all you will be the one listening to them. Kenwood is a great receiver, I have been using them for a good part of 20 years. I am currently using a KRF-9070D and very happy with it. I am using it as a pre/pro for my Outlaw Audio 7100. I am using Axiom M50s as my mains but I sometimes use the Athena ASF-2, depending on my mood. I think they sound similar except the high frequencies are a tad brighter on the Axioms and tad mellow on the Athenas, but I just like the aluminum cones of the Axioms better.
Ascend Acoustics come highly recommended too. I believe G-Dawg or Hawk recommended Paradigms for the Kenwoods.
There doesn't seem to be a lot of Kenwood users here, or maybe we just don't talk about it too much. We have a lot of NAD, Onkyo, Denon, Marantz, Yamaha and Outlaw users, that's why they talk about them a lot.
cheers

Anonymous
Thanks very much for the input. Unfortunately, I'm working overseas and won't be able to audition the speakers myself. I am interested in the Paradigm Studio 20's, too, but can't find an online retailer. I think I'll be happy with any of these, but it sure is fun (and interesting) checking with the people on these forums that sure seem to know what they're talking about. Any other input would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers!

elitefan
The studio 20 is a very good speaker and if you end up with these or another speaker of it's class I would highly recommend a receiver upgrade. The Kenwood line is not what I would consider a quality product especially paired to somethingas good as the 20's. Kenwood's Sovereign line would be something else again.

I personally bought a Kenwood VR-407 on ebay and am extremely happy with it. I have it taking input from my Kenwood DV-4070B DVD changer(an awesome player by the way), my PC(which does not have a great sound card right now unfortunately) and my PS2. I have it running my cheapo KLH M365T speakers, which I have come to like very much. I'll post again on the VR-407 once my DVD-Audio discs arrive, when I will be hooking it up to my father's JBL L166's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us