New HT/Pro Audio System

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3599
What's up guys, very rarely post over here but I used to do a lot in the car audio section.

I'm currently running 5 RCF Speakers off a Yamaha RX 5 channel amp with Dual Dayton Audio SUB 12s in my fraternity house room. I have it set up pretty close to a 5.1 with 3 up front and 2 in the back with both subs in the front right corner. It's loud but it cant quite keep up for what I want.

I am looking to spend anywhere form $1500 to $2000 but i want it to be worth it. The problem is i dont know where to start, should i look for DJ, pro audio, or home theater systems? I can keep this stuff for HT and get new stuff for music or start completely over, i'm down for anything really. Let me know if you can help.

The room is like 17 wide, 23 deep, with 10 foot ceilings and is all brick with concrete floors/10x10 rug. Let me know if theres anything else you need to know to help.

Thanks,
Jake

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 3263
"It's loud but it cant quite keep up for what I want."

What do you want? How does it not keep up? Its kind of hard to suggest a direction without knowing what you're trying to improve.

Is this strictly for personal music listening, party party music, or for home theater?

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3600
Looking for louder party music and something that wont overheat. The amp keeps up for an hour or so but then I need to turn it down.

Bronze Member
Username: Chriswild87

Holden, MA

Post Number: 36
Look into some crown xti, should let you connect almost anything and fairly reasonable at price point, i heard them on some jbl SRX 218's pretty impressive

www.pssl.com

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 12137
Look into more than 91 db speakers, keep the amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us