Major problem with QED's Airloc banana terminators

wedaft
Unregistered guest
I've recently purchased a NAD c370 Amp, NAD c542 CD player, PSB Image 4T speakers, Atlas Equator Interconnect, and QED Silver Anniversary cables with Airloc banana terminators. The QED cables were the last neccessary items to complete my brand new sound system, so naturally when I got them I was ecstatic. Much to my dismay; however, I wasn't able to fit the cables with the banana terminators into either the speakers or the amplifier. The terminators seem a little bit bent out in the middle but it looks like they were supposed to be made with the bend. I feel like if I had to I might be able to cram the cables in with alot of force, but I'd obviously really perfer not to. If someone with QED Airloc banana terminators knows how to solve this problem please help me out. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Soccer

Post Number: 190
Use WBT terminators

beatnic
Unregistered guest
to be honest the Airloc is one of the worst banana plug i have used.. (actually i dont use em but my mate have em).. sorry QED, it may look good but the design & ease of use could have been better.. the plugs are not evenly made, some are tight, some are loose.. the red/black rubber rings are easily detached :-(

yes the it is a bit bent out in fact most banana plugs are designed like that so that it'll have a snug fit with the amp/speaker's connectors. the Airloc is very, very tight.. very.. just fit the cable slowly with some force..

Bronze Member
Username: Sun_king

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 89
The Nad amps have badly finished connectors at the back and you'll need to push the banana plugs in hard the first time in order to break-off the bits of filed metal still stuck to the edges of the connector tubes. Once you've pushed them in once they will slide in easier the next time. Has happened with the last two Nad amps I've bought.

Bronze Member
Username: Sun_king

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 90
I forgot to add, I presume you're pushing the banana plugs into the back of the connectors and not in the top where you would connect bare wires?

wedaft
Unregistered guest
yes, I'm putting them into the back of the connectors. It's not an easy fit at all, but I'll keep working on it. Thanks for the input.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us