What is wrong with my sony receiver?

Username: Sirflexalot

Vancouver, British colu... Canada

Post Number: 1
hey guys, i have this old sony receiver, only has dolby pro logic 2.. lol yea funny stuff.. im selling it on ebay but somethin happend to it. and i was wondering what the problem would be.

When i plug in the speakers they dont work, well the only speaker that works is the center channel. none of the fronts work, and ive tried every setup of speakers imaginatable. gettn frustrating. the 2 rears and the center use to be the only things that work, even then the rears were puttin out so little power it sucked terribly even though the rear was turned up +10DB. front speakers never worked. all the speakers are good. i was thinkin it may be the ports are blown or something.. maybe a short curcuit. its about i dunno.. 5-7 years old. it was my first receiver and well i have seriously upgraded.. with my krell, and wilson audio stuff.. but im still sad to see it go.. anyone got any clue what the problem could be? only the center channel will work.. nothing else. asking here before i got to a repair shop and get charged loads.. so i can sell on ebay.. thanx guys.

rick

p2
Unregistered guest
one how can it have dolby pro logic 2 and not have dolby digital and dts? if it is 5 to 7 yrs old, then it does not have the surround formats I listed. two it is a SONY!! SONY SUCKS!!!

Post Number: 4
it has prologic 2 man. and dolby digital. no dts though

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 762
there's just not a lot of DVDs encoded with pro-logic...VHS, there are some. Every DVD except some DTS specific DVD-V and DVD-A has Dolby Digital. Some people like that DTS, though so you probably won't get much for your Sony.

Try resetting the receiver to see if you can make it work. If not, it's D-E-A-D.

Post Number: 6
how do you reset it?

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 775
it should say on the manual. But the usual procedure is...hold down the power button and unplug the unit at the same time. Hold it down again and then plug it in. Release power button and then turn it on normally.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us