The Bryston has landed!

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 762
Well, FedEx screwed up their tracking system! My gain however as they just showed up at home! the wife called and told me they just arrived!!!!

I feel like a kid in a candy store! I think I will go for an early lunch and be a little late.

I will let you all know my thoughts as soon as I can get a godd listen in!

Silver Member
Username: Soundgame

Richmond Hill Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 733
Great to hear Danman. I'm all excited for you as well. Oh, I envy you..but in a good way. Let us know. Cheers.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 9358
Right on man, enjoy the new amp!

Silver Member

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 763
Ok. So here it is guys! Get one! This thing is great. What wonderful highs and incredible soundstaging! I was not really sure how it would stack up against my 4B-ST but the difference is very noticable! Very musical.

I noticed it being bigger than my ST and heavier and hard to believe but much better build as well! I am somewhat surprised of my reaction. My Martin Logans really like this thing! Going to be a late night and oh yeah.....what they say about the first watt sounding as good as the last watt, well believe it. They sound as good at low volume as they do high!

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 9361
Outstanding Danman!

Silver Member
Username: Jazzman71

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 624
Fandanmantastic! Enjoy.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 2135
Good things come to those who have to darn well wait for the damn FedEx man to deliver whenever the heck he feels like it, Dan.

At least it wasn't washed up on some island for Tom Hanks to use as an anchor :-)

Congrats and enjoy the music.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 9363
Good point MR...lol!

Silver Member

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 764
Well, I went to bed at 2:00 this morning and am a little tired but it's a good tired! Thank God I have a short day today!

I am sort of out of words! I would of never thought that just an amp would make such a big difference in sound but I can say to those that are unsure that YES there is one! I have some friends that spent a lot more than I did on some fancy pants stuff that to my ears does not sound as good as what I have and I have a 20 year warrantee to back it up!

Listening to various familuar CD's last night allowed me to hear little nuances that I did not hear before. Having a very revealing speaker like the Martin Logans can sometimes be a nightmare if not set up right but the SST square series has fixed a few glitches I thought were things I had to live with knowing this.

Another big difference is that the amp barely gets warm compared to my 4B-ST that would get hot on standby. I don't really think that this was ever a problem because I believe that the ST series was more based in a Class A way and biased at a higher level. However, I figured driving such a difficult load that Martin Logans can do would at least make the amp warmer than it was. I guess Bryston has made a more speaker friendly amp.

I will give more information as I advance in my listening.

Cheers

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2416
That's awesome Danman. I know the feeling of impatient anticipation waiting for gear to show up, and the excitement of it finally showing up!

So glad you're happy with it.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 2418
Danman you are the MAN! I sound like a broken record, but the SST2 amps are absolutely crazy good. BOING!!!

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2419
I gotta buy an SST2 now, just for the BOING!!!

Silver Member

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 765
BOING BOING!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Soundgame

Richmond Hill Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 734
Danman, your experience is great to hear. Keep the reviews coming.

I see you're running on a BP-20, I wonder what a BP-26 C-series would do with that SST2. I guess that would be the natural next step, eh?

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2420
The BP-20 is a fantastic pre-amp. I kinda wish I never sold mine. The only thing I didn't like was no remote.

Silver Member

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 766
Me too! All that extra calorie burning when I could be sitting and just listening and playing with the volume. You know it is a man thing to want to zap! There is an advantage to not having the extra electronics and moving volume control.

Actually, I am thinking of getting the MPS-2 power supply that would replace the MPS-1 for the BP-20. Supposedly, you get almost the same result as the BP-26.

I actually got this pre amp new from Bryston directly in November. It is a 2004 model that was sitting in its box at the factory. They had to build a new power supply and that's it. This replaced a YBA2 that sounded dry in comparison. I have been very lucky in my purchases so far.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2421
Wow, that's awesome Danman. I bought mine second hand on Agon, but it arrived looking brand new. It has sorta and understated, no-nonsense look about it, huh?

Silver Member

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 767
Very plain jane but well constructed.

Silver Member

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 768
Why did you sell it?

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2422
To be able to buy the McIntosh.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2423
I actually sold it for 200 bucks more than I bought it for ;-)

Silver Member
Username: Unbridled_id

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 451
Congrats Danman. Great amp, great company, and a warranty that speaks for itself. You are set in the amplification department for the next couple of decades.

Silver Member

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 769
I am really happy to say the least! I am tweaking right now as we speak (or write in this case). Allison Krauss is sounding really good and it sounds like she is in the room.

As I said before, the high frequencies are the big difference in comparison to the ST series. The mids as well are also more defined and stereo separation is better defined. The bass is less bloated but just as powerful.

I have to really agree at how much of a great company they are. James Tanner helped me with my choice and even took my 4B-ST for the client. They are checking it out for him before he comes to pick it up. This really helped the sale because the customer was assured that the sale was not a scam.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 12055
Don't hide chocolate eggs on the amp, Danman.

Silver Member

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 770
Can't hide what I already ate!!!

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3614
Bravo Danman. Sounds like you're a happy beaver. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us