Question on Onkyo Receiver / Release Dates!?!

Bronze Member
Username: Inopethflames

Post Number: 11
i need to get a receiver, i think i have decided on the speakers/sub that i want -Energy 5.1 Take Classic Home Entertainment System - this got great reviews on cnet

however it seems that none of the 2008 models for onkyo or other brands got terrific reviews, i was going to get:

Onkyo TX-SR606 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver

but the review said the video part was fairly bad, so i dont wanna get that.

so i saw that the 2009 onkyo models were being released in april. does anyone know if onkyo actually releases things on time or is it like videogames where the 2009 receivers might get pushed back 1 2 3 months or more, because i dont wanna wait that long.

id like to wait to get my receiver to read the review of the new 2009 Onkyo TX-SR507 which is a 5.1 system which is all i need & on amazon the price is $344 which sounds very good. thanks!!

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3604
There's nothing wrong with the xx6 models that I know of. I've used them often enough. That said, the later xx7 models are due imminently (like at the moment) and so there are two things that work in your favour here:

1. You can have a new xx7 model fairly soon.

2. You can avail yourself of a better machine for much less than retail. I saw TX-SR876's (fabulous machine by anybody's estimate) going for just 60% of retail recently. That's a BIG machine for not a lot of money (more than a 606 though).

Frank.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us