Anthony Gallo boom for the buck!

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 2055
Well, I thought I'd give the US economy a little boost. The Anthony Gallow TR-2 arrived yesterday. After a brief audition at home with the TR-1, I felt the TR-2 would fit into the system with a little more needed oomph. It didn't let me down.

Measuring just 10.75" W x 12" H x 13.5 D, this little enclosed sub really performed and lived up to my expectations.

For the hi-res surround music formats ( I don't use a sub for 2 channel listening) the sub's bass responded with great timing and tautness. There was no sloppy or muddy bottom end whatsoever. It seems a ported sub in our room (with limited positioning) adds a bit of unnecessary boom to music.

After setting it up with dinosaur stomping from a Jurassic Park movie (wow!), last night we watched a BluRay version of that trite, unabashed Hollywood cliche and predictable movie 'Top Gun'.

With its excellent DTS Master Audio production, this turned out to be a great test for this compact, unassuming little cylinder and I have never enjoyed this movie this much before. The sub handled the low frequencies beautifully. We could feel the thrust of the F14 jets in the pits of our stomachs, the low frequencies were loud and smooth without rattling everything that wasn't tied down in the room. Unlike the previous, ported, poor old Krakatoa.

We purchased this sub direct from the distributor here (they had a special on their web site) for a little over half price. It was a true bargain. At this point I'm very impressed as is my better half (phew!).

It's smallness is not indicative of its power. It's tough little tank with a 10" driver and 250 watts that can almost hide in our room yet really deliver the goods.

I'd give it 4.9 out of five (nothing's perfect), but it's not run in yet. We'll see.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2226
Cool. The website says it goes down to 22Hz. No wonder you could feel it in the pit of your stomach!

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 2058
It does go way down there Dave. And it seems to fit nicely musically. Just hope it only gets better when run in and not the reverse. So far, I'm very impressed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us