Best receiver of Martin Logan Vantage?

Username: Dgavrysh

Post Number: 2
Hello,

I am trying to pick a good receiver that will give me the best sound quality with Martin Logan Vantage speakers that are a part of my Home Theater system. It is an unusual combination and very few Hi-End stores have this kind of speakers paired with a receiver. I am choosing between Yamaha RX-Z7, Denon AVC-A1HD and may be something else... In that category every receiver will have an abundance of features. I want THE SOUND. That is my primary criteria. What would be your advice? Thank you!

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13382

"It is an unusual combination and very few Hi-End stores have this kind of speakers paired with a receiver."

There's a good reason for that. If you want the best sound, don't use a receiver.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11670
As a compromise, DG, you might have to move up to something like an Arcam AVR600.

Silver Member
Username: Soundgame

Richmond Hill Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 671
If you're really stuck on the receiver, go with something that provides at least a torroidal power supply like Nuck suggested, Arcam or the pricer Integra. The key is going to be a high current power supply that shows an increase in power when running into 4-ohms. Other receiver will show they can run 4-ohms with a decrease in power out because they reduce current to run safely.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 3203
I'm not sure if I'd go the Arcam route. May not be stable enough, power supply wise. The only receiver I'd even entertain for Martin Logans would be a B&K receiver.

If you want THE SOUND and that's your primary concern (as you put it), ANY receiver will be a compromise. Get seperates, other wise the Martin Logans aren't worth it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us