MR. HAWK help me on this one

CARDOSO
ONKYO 800 THX CERT. WHITH YAMAHA NS-777 FLOOR SPEAKERS WHAT YOU THINK?

Hawk
I like the Onkyo--a very fine receiver, but I don't care for the Yamaha speakers. They are too reserved and laid back sounding, IMHO.

cardoso
mr hawk wich one should i buy? because i still can return the yamahas $900.00

beau
for $1300 you can buy the new Quad series l floor stander speakers that will simply amaze you, stay out of best buy and circuit city. Spend the extra and enjoy

Hawk
Cardoso:

I gave you my personal preference, but this is your system. The only issue is whether you like the Yamahas with tthe Onkyo, not me. I was under the impression you had not purchased it yet. But I underscore that what I may like is not necessarily what you may like.

That said, a pair of floor standers that I think make a good combo with the Onkyo is:

1. Athena AS-F2s: $550/pr.

2. Monitor Audio Silver Series S6: ~$900

3. NHT ST4: ~$1000/pair (can be had for less)

4. Heybrook HB4: Can be purchased from Audio Advisor for $450/pair, but that is because of a special deal. They retail for $1100/pair and they sound great.

5. KEF Q5: ~ $900/pair

6. Energy C-5: Can't remember price, but in this price range

anyways, just a few suggestions if you are not happy with the Yamaha speakers.

Beau
one of the best kept secrets in home theater speakers would be Phase Technology. Not many dealers but for the money hard to beat.They were one of the 1st to have home theater and stereo speakers all in one. Now all, including high end mfg, ie, dynaudio, jmlab, totem, and martin logan. Onkyo has one of the worst warranties and repair records going, go Sony ES, even yamaha, or Rotel will be far superior.As hawk said earlier, its your system but if you ask opinions, you get a bunch to consider, and all are worthwhile

Beau
one of the best kept secrets in home theater speakers would be Phase Technology. Not many dealers but for the money hard to beat.They were one of the 1st to have home theater and stereo speakers all in one. Now all, including high end mfg, ie, dynaudio, jmlab, totem, and martin logan. Onkyo has one of the worst warranties and repair records going, go Sony ES, even yamaha, or Rotel will be far superior.As hawk said earlier, its your system but if you ask opinions, you get a bunch to consider, and all are worthwhile
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us