NAD T761 Receiver

Username: Misokov

Post Number: 1
I've been a happy user of my NAD T761 for many years now.It's great on stereo and drives any surround speakers very poor. All of a sudden I cannot put the volume lower than -52db (it should go down to -61db). I am really confused. Any ideas what is the cause and how to be solved?
Thank you in advance

Post Number: 2
Anybody from the experts has answer to my question please?

Post Number: 3
I've been a happy user of my NAD T761 for many years now.It's great on stereo and drives any surround speakers very poor. All of a sudden I cannot put the volume lower than -52db (it should go down to -61db). I am really confused. Any ideas what is the cause and how to be solved?
Thank you in advance

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 13844
KM, are you certain of your settings?
Are the volume and tonals set for the rears?
Are your front speakers set to small?

Post Number: 4
Hi Nuck,
My volume and tonals are all set correcttly. I'm using Wharfedale Evo30 as fronts, Evo Center and Evo8 as rears and no subwoofer.When things were OK,all speakers were set to'Large' and Dynamic Range 100%.Now,however,after your comment I tried selecting 'Small'for the rears and the center,unplugging and plugging all the wires and connectors back again,still without any improvent.Another issue I have is the constant humming from the centre and as well from the front speakers,regardless of the source(input).It persists even when I select a stereo mode.It's all very confusing and furthermore annoying.
Any further ideas of how I can solve these? Thank you

Silver Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 591
The traditional way to find the source of hum is to go thru a checklist.
Any new equipment installed lately or any electrical changes to house?
Try disconnecting everything and if hum goes away, start putting stuff BACK until you identify the offending piece.
If the NAD hums by itself you'll have to try something else. Check all speaker connections. These age poorly and I check mine annually, along with a connect / disconnect cycle on all gear.

Post Number: 5
Tried everyrhing,even changed the receiver's plug to a three pin with earth(as a hi-fi dealer suggested),but things are still the same-the humming of the centre speaker is stll there.It only goes off when switched to 5.1 Ext.input(which is not connected to an external source).

Pls.help :-(

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13870
Do you have cable connected to the receiver?
Unplug that and check the humming.

I would swap the wires, so the sorrounds are fronts and try playing stereo to see what happens
What do the mains sound like stereo? OK?

Post Number: 6
I tried connecting a single electric wire to one of the screws from the receiver's body to the earth of the extension cord supplying the power. As soon as I touched the earth, the power in the house went off. So,this is it then,the receiver has no ground.The question now is how to fix this?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13873
The whole house? Is this protected by some GFI device, I hope, and not a 100amp fuse!!! LOL!!!

That is impossible for a fused circuit.

Silver Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 616
Get an outlet tester.
Whole house went black or just that circuit?
sounds like a GFI breaker tripped.

Did I suggest an outlet tester?

The type that has 3 LEDs is the way to go and is worth about 8$ tops.

Something is wired seriously WRONG.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us