Akai AM-U41

Username: Passepartout

Post Number: 1
I just got my hands on an Akai AM-U41 in
mint condition. My question to the experts on this forum regards the rated output
power per channel for this unit.

Thanks in advance for all replies,

passepartout

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13344

I have no idea what the rated R.M.S. power output would be for this amplifier. However, I am unaware of any "Akai" integrated/power amplifiers that were produced during the company's hey day that were available outside the Japanese market. I certainly didn't keep up with Akai so there may be something.

The problem would be the selling of the Akai name and what came with it. After Akai became a decidely mass market, low end company name there were numerous products produced with "Akai" on the face plate. These were products that followed the mass market trends of the 1980-90's and in so doing even the country of origin would be suspect from model to model as production was farmed out to the lowest bidder.

What this means to you is the rated output wattage of any of these amplifiers would not be the actual real world wattage available when the amplifier faced the load of a real world loudspeaker system. I don't want to rain on your parade but if this is the case, your amplifier might actually limit your speaker selection.

How old is this amplifier?

Username: Passepartout

Post Number: 2
I don't have it here with me, but this model was made in Japan. Using the serial nember I should be able to find out when it was made.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11611
I would find out pv, I had a couple of Japan only Akai amps that were great, but so long ago that I forget the model.
I had to run one amp on 230v, along with the electric stove, LOL. Dont ask.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us