Recommend me a pair of floor standing speakers (preferably under $800 pair)

Username: Tmrc66

Post Number: 3
working around a budget here. just looking for a nice pair of floor standing speakers for my home.

Post Number: 4
looking into klipsch. seems like a good bet. thoughts?

Bronze Member
Username: Chriswild87

Holden, MA

Post Number: 12
Campbell, you have not provided enough info. What is you amp/reciever? What is the purpose HT or music. Little things like that. Its all part of a chain.

Post Number: 5
Chris,

I am going to purchase a receiver whenever I buy the speakers. Whatever you guys think about a simple good sounding reasonably priced home theater I will probably go with. The purpose for the speakers is to provide quality sound when watching sports and listening to music. Like I've said I don't know much (hardly anything) about this kind of stuff and want to get the best for my $. receiver, speakers, sub, etc. opened to all recommendations just want to stay within a decent price range.

Bronze Member

Holden, MA

Post Number: 13
Does the 800 budget include everything? (receiver, sub and 5 speak surround?) or is it just for a pair of mains?. IMO, i would find your local hi fi store (not best buy)and HEAR what they have to offer. only you know what sounds best to you. Also a lot of places do a trade back program which allows for a ton of great deals on softly used gear at really good prices. IMO i hate klipsch, their sound does nothing for me. If we are working on 800 a pair then you have some options to do some research on (including seeing if you can find some place to listen to them)

IMO,i like anything by Monitor Audio, Wharfedale, paradigm

There are plenty of other good companies out there too. I personally own Boston Acoustics (thats what I can afford at the time and they work for me)If 800 is your max for all speakers including sub and the front L/R, center and surround l/r then Boston's classic series isn't too bad. Also very easy to power with anything.

But if you take anything away from this post, go see your local hi fi guy and talk to him and just listen to a bunch of stuff.

Post Number: 6
Chris 800 doesn't cover everything.... I want to keep it around the $1500-$2000 area overall I just can't afford that right now. Really just looking for a receiver and a couple speakers and building from there. Any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Nmytree

Post Number: 226
Jamo C607 floorstanders, Jamo C60 Center Channel and a pair of Jamo C601 bookshelf speakers for your rears. You should be able all of those for just a little under $1,000 or a little over a $1,000.

That will leave you almost $1,000 for a nice receiver and DVD/CD Player.

That's my suggestion.

Silver Member
Username: Hawkbilly

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 499
Check this speaker section for older threads. You'll find lots of discussion around different brands, with some insight as to their particular strengths and weaknesses. But you should also try to get out and listen to some different brands to see what your ears tell you.

Username: Josh1834

Washington, D.C.

Post Number: 8
Let me recommend a pair of Monitor Audio RS6. I just purchased them about a month ago and I couldn't be happier. Detailed, musical, and look great. Just a little above your price range but definitely worth it.

Bronze Member

Holden, MA

Post Number: 15
i agree with josh completely

look on audiogon.com might be able to pick them up slightly used within your price range
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us