Adding power to a speaker out put?

Username: Ckyle9999

Post Number: 1
how can i select outputs A and B being my main speakers either from inside the reciever or outside the reciever? i have an 87 sheerwood reciever with alot of room inside. is it spossible to add a miniamp and maybe a capacitor to do this? would i have to change out some of the hardwires and fuses or would i do this work past those points of electric flow?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13334

Your amplifier is what your amplifier is. You can't add another amplifier on top of the existing amplifier. Speakers "A" and "B" are working off the same output transistors and they are wired in parallel to those transitors. Using both "A" and "B" run to the same speakers won't change anything other than the amount of wire you are using.

If you want louder volume, buy more sensitive speakers. If your present speakers are 85dB @ 1 watt, buy some speakers that are 90dB @ 1 watt. Otherwise, trying to make this amp sound louder than it can play will only damage your existing speakers.

Post Number: 2
The situation that I think I am in though, is that i know my speakers are higher quiality out of these output and can handle more power. i just wanted to exclude the surround speakers to prevent damage to them. if what i just said makes any sense let me know. If i'm still totally wrong, let me know.A and B are my main speakers and i also have a left and right rear surround. im using advent speakers as my main and i want to turn it to a music setting just to use those speakers and play louder.. they music is already the learest ive heard. i thought maybe a capacitor might help out or a 10-20 watt amp being put in after all other components would work because the reciever has power outlets on it. let me know if i dont know anything about what im talkin about. my goal is to customize and tweak out the sound system

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13335

You don't know anything about what you're talking about. A capacitor isn't going to increase the power output and you cannot daisy-chain amplifiers. The casp could damage the amplifier, another daisy-chained amplifier will definitely damage both amplifiers.

Post Number: 3
okay .. now i know.. thank you for your help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us