Help with my stereo setup

Username: Matt1212

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone. I am trying to set up a stereo system that will be as loud as possible for our teams lockeroom.

I have a KLH R3100 2 channel reciever, 100w per channel..not sure how many ohms stable down to.

A pair of KLH floorstanding speakers, putting out 8 ohms of resistance and able to handle up to 250 max watts.

A pair of Fisher floorstanding speakers, 8 ohms, 110 watt max.

I also bought an Audisource AMP 100 but removed it from the system because it was louder without it.(still have it)

Right now I have one of each speaker wired parallel into each channel. My problem is that when the volume is turned up to max (60-64db), the reciever shuts itself off, usually on a strong bass note. Is their anyway I can wire them differently so the ohms is higher than the current 4 ohms (mabey around 6?)without loosing the loudness we all enjoy? I think if the ohms were slightly higher it would prevent too much power being drawn from the recievers amp and it overloading.
(sill have the audiosource amp if it can be used)

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1739
Sorry, but from what I can gather you have a good concept but not the gear to execute. Since you mention "locker room" and you have the authority to control the music I will for lack of other input, surmise you are the equipment manager. The more you try this and the gear shuts down the more you damage the electronics.

Come back with a budget and we will be glad to assist.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us