Please Help! Need some advice.

I had two front channels (Infinity RS8) both go out and Circuit City is actually going to replace both of them. Unfortunatly I have to make my purchase at CC and they only carry Polk Audio, Infinity, and Bose. From experience I am staying away from Bose.

I have an Onkyo TX-656 receiver with an Infinity CCi2 center channel and need something that will sound good.

I am leaning towards the Infinity Alpha 50 or the Polk Audio RTI150. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

timn8ter
Since you already have the center channel speaker try to choose mains that have the same sound quality (timbre). Chances are better with the Alpha's but you'll have to listen for yourself to make that determination.

Username: Chatvflores

Post Number: 1
HELP! How do you hookup a non-powered subwoofer to a Kenwood Receiver?

I am setting up my new home theater system. I have a Kenwood VR-5090 Receiver with Digital Audio Speakers (4 satellite speakers and 1 non-powered subwoofer). I have successfully connected all the satellite speakers but don't know how to hook up the sub. The sub has 2 input posts (Left and Right) and 2 output posts (Left and Right).

Someone adviced me to connect the input posts of the subwoofer to the extra front speaker connector posts of the receiver and set the receiver to both zone A and Zone B. But with this setup, I can't get the surround L and surround R to have output - no sound.

Username: Project6

Post Number: 62
actually the set up for non powered subs should be; receiver front speaker (L&R) output to subwoofer input (L&R), then subwoofer output (L&R) to front spekaers (L&R).

Meaning, the subwoofer is in the same path as the front left and right speakers.

cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us