Extract Audio from DVD

Username: Goopie

Post Number: 1
I'd like to extract uncompressed audio from my music DVDs.
Anyone know of software which will do the job? It's important that I preserve the audio at 24/96. And btw, is this the resolution that DVD audio is authored at? It isn't specified on the DVD covers.
And can anyone recommend DVD authoring software where i can edit the audio and save it as a DVD?
Thanks for any replies.

Silver Member
Username: Arnold_layne

MadridSpain

Post Number: 471
Are you referring to audio content in DVD-Videos or the more music-oriented DVD-A format?

DVD-Video can contain a 96KHz/24 bits stereo track. It is not so common and some players forces downsampling to 48/24 or even 48/16. But yes, 96/24 is possible.

On DVD-Audio discs 96/24 is very common, both for stereo and surround tracks. It is often compressed with an algorithm called MLP. Otherwise the bitrate would be above DVD specifications and cause playback problems.

There is commercially available software for ripping DVD-A discs, whilst extracting tracks requires "underground" freeware. Authoring of 48/24 material can be done with Cirlinca's DVD-Audio Solo. Higher bitrates require professional software, both for MLP compression and for authoring those file to a disc.

I'm sorry I cannot be more specific than this, I have to respect U.S. laws and forum rules.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us