Mission M32i vs Paradigm Atom monitor

Username: Along24

Post Number: 1
I went and checked both of these speakers but I just can't decide which pair to get.
I did enjoy the mission bit more but on the other hand the use will be for music and home theater and I already have a paradigm center (cinema 110C)

I listen mostly to Jazz and Rock (not hard rock)

I will be using Harman Kardon AVR 255 receiver.

any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 8602
The Atoms match better with your center and if home theater is a consideration that's the one you should probably go with.

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY United States

Post Number: 2281
I agree with Art, in that the Atom are a better match, but those Missions are damn good, and they're pretty scarce these days.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 8604
You could always get the Missions and pick up a different center later.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1962
Which version of the Atom are we talkin' here?

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 8605
Well It's the Atom Monitor so it's one of the recent ones. However if he likes the Missions better the Cinema 110 isn't really a center channel to build a system around. It's pretty good for the dough but I'd rather buy a center for my mains rather than the other way around.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 2270
Definitely Art. Did you hear both speakers on the same system? If so, and you liked the missions better for HT applications. You will have to buy a matching center or just forget it. If you dont want to do that any time soon, buy the Atoms. Good little speaker. Im going to pick up a pair soon for a third system.

Username: Along24

Post Number: 2
the mission sounded better for music, for movies/tv I didn't notice too much of a difference.
yeah the cinema 110 isn't the best but i can't afford to replace it at the moment (got it for free so who can complain :-) )

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 8606
I wasn't saying thet the Cinema 110 is bad in fact I know a dealer who recommends it over the CC190, I was just saying that I wouldn't build a system around it. Sounds like you're leaning toward the Mission's...go forth and purchase.

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY United States

Post Number: 2282
My Beta 20 are only marginally better than were my M32i. The 20s were able to play deeper & hold together slightly better than the M32i, but the M32i played fast and had a bit more spark.

But I would expect both to wallop the smaller Atoms in low-end performance.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 8607
Probably Christopher, the Atoms have nice pop on the low end but it doesn't go very deep.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us