Floorstand Recommendation

Username: Feint

Japan

Post Number: 1
I currently have the Kef iQ3's and a Marantz PM6001 amp. I reside in Japan, so the models offered might be a little different. Its specs are 50w x 2 @ 8ohms and 70w x 2 @ 4ohms.

I am looking at upgrading to floorstand / tower speakers. This is where I need a little advice. I have read a little of the forum and it seems that some speakers need to be paired in order to make full use of them.

I have so far owned Mission M35's in a Home theatre set up and they weren't as good as the iQ3's on the marantz. So by upgrading to floorstands, I am hoping they will be better than my iQ3's.

My room size is approximately 20m2.

I have heard so far while on holiday in Malaysia.

JM Lab Chorus 816v powered by a Carat A57 amp (http://www.carat-audio.com/EN/Produits/A57.html)

I am wondering what else is recommended or what I should stay away from? My requirements are quite simple, they must sound good! I listen to mainly jazz, male and female vocal from CD and MP3 sometimes. My price range is about 1,500 US. The JM labs are about $1200US. I would rather do it once and do it right!

I am in two minds about keeping the Marantz. I am thinking of selling it and getting

-Rotel RA1070
-Rotel RC1070 (Pre) and Rotel 1072 (amp)
-Carat A57
-Marantz PM-15

Any opinions or advice welcome! Sorry for being a total Noobie.

Happy new year!

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 865
Check the reviews of gears by the pros here, and it will give you many good ideas.

http://whathifi.com/BestBuys/

Sayonara...

Silver Member
Username: James_the_god

Lancaster, Lancashire England

Post Number: 725
I had some Acoustic Energy Linear 3's.
I only sold them because of space, music was beautful from them.

Try Acoustic Energy, I highly doubt you'll be unsatisfied.

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1919
Wharfedale just take your pick.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11847
Welcome Baka.

Can you hear Monitor Audio where you are?

BTW, with your musical interests listed, I could suggest any number of standmount speakers that you could seek out, as opposed to paying for a lot of box that can sound like a box in a lot of cases.

when placing the speakers in your room, can they be pulled 1m from the rear and side walls? Does the placement require you to put them near the walls?
Port location is pretty important.

Oh, and lose the MP3's, get into lossless files.
Sayonara

Bronze Member
Username: Simon_hans

Geleen, Limburg Netherlands

Post Number: 14
I have a pair of Vector 77 magnats. I drive them with Rotel 1070 pre and Quad 405-2 end. I am really satisfied with the magnats. Moreover, these sperakers were not very expensive.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us