Ascend CBM-170's or Paradigm Titans?

Carmine
I am looking for a good bookshelf speaker in the $200-300 price range. Do either of these stand out as being better than the other? Any other speakers that I might want to consider? I will be using them with a Yamaha receiver.

G-Man
They are both good speakers but I would would say the Ascends truly shine. They both need a good subwoofer if you want solid bass response. And the minimum price for a good quality subwoofer costs as much as these speakers. For instance, the PSB subsonic 5i can be gotten at around $350. And with high quality speakers like the Ascend it would be a shame to compromise on the subwoofer.

But if you don't mind not having deep bass and a solid bottom end either speaker is good.

Username: David_r

Post Number: 10
carmine you might want to want to look at axioms m22ti for $360 (in the outlet area) at
www.axiomaudio.com

Username: Jonmoon

Post Number: 9
The only point I will make is price. You can get the Paradigm Titans for $200 or less. The others cost about $360 or so. The comparison of these speakers should not exclude the price. The Ascends and Axiom should sound better as they cost 80% more. Ultimately you have to decide between sound quality and price. If $300 is your maximum, perhaps the Ascends and Axioms are not on your list.

Username: Afrogt

Post Number: 3
A better comparison to the Paradigm Titan might be the Axiom M2i or M3ti which can be had around $250 or less.

Username: Afrogt

Post Number: 4
The M2i can be had for $216 at the outlet and M3ti for $248. http://www.axiomaudio.com/factoryoutlet.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us